Updated: Jun 17
The April 2020 release of Dynamics CRM (Customer Service module) now allows developers to modify the case resolution dialog. This blog post provides step by step instructions to customise the case resolution dialog, with screenshots.
Firstly, a big thanks to Microsoft, I have been waiting many years for this! There have been many projects over the last 5 years that would have benefited from this feature.
The two images show an out of the box case resolution dialog and a customised case resolution dialog modified with a new customer comments field.
Note make sure the logged-in user for this tutorial has the sys admin role. if you have just created a dynamics trail and have used the global admin to login.
1. Login into Dynamics CRM as a Sys Admin.
1a. Open the Customer Service Hub.
2. Navigate to the Service Management area.
3. Select Service Configuration
4. Set Resolve case dialog to Customizable dialog and press Save.
4a. Interesting note; there are three options. Standard Dialog, Customizable dialog and Quick create dialog.
5. Navigate to the legacy settings and open the default solution by clicking on the cog at the right of the ribbon, click advanced settings, then navigating to Settings -> Customizations -> Customize the System.
6. Open the Case Resolution information form.
7. Add a new field to the Case Resolution entity. labelled Customer Comments with dataType of multiple lines of text. Click Save.
8. Tidy the form up by formating the field. Set the column width to two and the number of rows to 5.
9. Save and publish the changes.
10. Select an existing Case in the customer Services Hub by
10a. Navigate to the Service Area
10b. Select Cases
10c. Select any existing Case, from the Case list.
10d. Click on The Resolve Case button in the ribbon.
11. :) The customised Case Resolution form is displayed. A lot of CRM users have been waiting a long time for this feature.